Program Assistant (Resource Development)
$13.32 - $19.55/hr.
As part of the Resource Development team, the Resource Development Program
Assistant provides primary donor database entry and department support.
- Prefer combination of education and experience equivalent to college graduation; minimum two years’ responsible secretarial and/or administrative support experience required.
- Strong computer and Raisers Edge database background with excellent Microsoft office experience (word and excel). Must know how to mail merge, use the internet, and learn new software as needed.
- Typing 60 words per minute with attention to detail and accuracy; precise and accurate data entry.
- Ability to maintain files and records.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting is required
- Background in non-profit fundraising preferred.
- Good judgment, organizational, detail oriented and problem-solving skills; able to take initiative on projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with variety of staff, board members and donors.
- Flexible, and able to handle unforeseen situations in a positive manner.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Culturally sensitive, able to work with multicultural client/customer population; ability to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes; able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
Primarily responsible for accurate and timely data entry, upkeep of resource development database which includes donor demographics, monetary and in-kind gifts, program donations and stock information; preparation of deposits for finance and liaison with finance for reconciliation purposes; prepares and sends timely and accurate donor acknowledgement cards and correspondence; coordination of mailings for annual and intermittent fundraising appeals; primary administrative support for the annual JFS gala dinner event; internet research for sourcing individual and corporate donor prospects, as well as for cross checking and updating demographic information in the database. Other related duties as assigned.
This position reports to:
Director of Development Operations
If interested in the position
please apply and submit cover letter and resume including salary history to www.careersjfsla.org .
Date reviewed/revised: 04/04/08
Date of Posting: 04/09/08